- BOSS’ most affordable drum machine for jamming or practice
- Realistic drum, percussion and bass sounds with velocity-sensitive pads
- New Rhythm Progressions with 3 variations each for Intro, Verse, Fill and Ending
- New TSC with Sound Shape function and Ambience for professional drum sounds
- 100 Preset Styles and 100 User styles programmable via realtime or step recording
- Footswitch input for easy live control; runs on AC or battery power
If you want to spend less time programming and more time jamming, you’ll love the DR-3’s Rhythm Progressions. Simply choose from 100 Preset styles and use the eight panel buttons to switch between different sections of your song. Up to three variations can be selected for each Intro, Verse, Fill and Ending, so your drum tracks won’t get monotonous.
Easy Sound Shaping and Footswitch Control
BOSS’ new TSC (Total Sound Control) lets you change the overall sound of a drum kit with specialized effects. Use the Sound Shape function to adjust the 3-band compression and parametric EQ, or add some spaciousness with the Ambience effect. An optional footswitch can be used to control anything from Intro/Start and Ending/Stop to Verse change, Variation On/Off, Loop On/Off and more. Battery power lets you take the DR-3 just about anywhere.
Audio & Video
- User Style: 100, Preset Style: 100 * 11 patterns for a style
- User: 100, Song Length: Max. 250 patterns for a song
- TSC (Total Sound Control)
- Preset Patch: 8, User Patch: 8 Preset Patch: 8, User Patch: 8
- Max. Polyphony
- 12 voices
- Drum and perc: 120, Bass: 12
- 96 per quater note
- 20 to 260 bpm
- Recording Method
- 13 (Velocity-sensitive)
- Backlit LCD (16 characters x 2 lines)
- Output Jack: L, R (RCA Phono type), L(PHONES), R(MONO) (1/4-inch phone type), Foot Switch Jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type), MIDI IN Connector, DC IN (AC Adaptor Jack)
- Power Supply
- DC9V: Dry Battery (R6/LR6 (AA) type) x 6, AC Adaptor (PSA-series)
- Power Consumption
- 200 mA
* Expected battery life under continuous use: approx. 5 hours (This figure will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.)
- Dry Battery (Alkaline LR6 (AA) type) x 6, Owner's Manual, Roland Service (Information Sheet)
- AC Adaptor: PSA Series, Foot Switch: FS-5U, Foot Switch Cable: Roland PCS-31
- Size and Weight
- 213 mm
- 8-7/16 inches
- 185 mm
- 7-5/16 inches
- 53 mm
- 2-1/8 inches
- 0.7 kg
- 1 lbs. 10 oz.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Momentary footswitch for use with keyboards and recording products.
Durable metal footswitch available in latching and unlatching types.
Two switches in one, BOSS’s new FS-6 combines latch- and momentary-type switching into one unit.
Brochures & Catalogs
If you have questions about operating your Roland, or BOSS product, please contact our Product Support department by phone or email.